Sherrys Stampin' Room: Vintage-y Ornament

Monday, December 20, 2010

Vintage-y Ornament

I fell in love with this!

So, I made more! It's that 'multiple' thing, again! LOVE it!

I ran some *retired* RED RIDING HOOD TEXTURED cardstock through my BIG SHOT {I ♥} using the SCALLOP CIRCLE DIE. Distressed the edges with a SPONGE piece and BASIC BLACK INK. I layered a piece of distressed LOVE LETTER DSP {I ♥} that I ran through the BIG SHOT and the CLEAR CIRCLE DIE. I punched a ROUND TAB XL out of RED RIDING HOOD TEXTURED cardstock, folded in half with a piece of *retired* SILVER ELASTIC THREAD glued into it, and adhered that to the top. I stamped the PEACE LOVE JOY onto VERY VANILLA cs with VERSAMARK, then, embossed it with BLACK EMBOSSING POWDER. --oops, on the top one...I almost burned it! But, it looks cool, huh? Punched it out with the WIDE OVAL PUNCH. I used SNAIL adhesive on the backside of the oval piece so I could attach a piece of the CLEAR TINSEL TRIM. Popped that up with DIMENSIONALS to a BASIC BLACK-SCALLOP CIRCLE, that was also popped up with DIMENSONALS. I attached various colors of snowflakes cut with the NORTHERN FROST Decortative Strip Die, using BLACK RHINESTONES from the HOLIDAY MINI, and RED GLIMMER BRADS in the centers. have clear tinsel, CHANTILLY CROCHET TRIM, and black lace sprinkled here and there under the snowflakes. I attached a string of silver jingle bells on top, and laid a strip of the tinsel on top, making sure it was about 2-3" above the top of the ornament. I made a bow the RED RIDING HOOD/VANILLA Striped Ribbon from the CLEARANCE RACK {I♥}. I stuck a piece of the  RAVEN 1/2" LACE TRIM through the middle of the bow and used a *retired* LARGE POP-UP GLUE DOT to attach it over the jingle bell/tinsel.
This was pretty much 'out of my box', but, I really like them, and so do all the recepients.
I got my inspiration HERE.
Thanks for your visit! SherryBee in AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your friendly comment! They mean so much to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails