Sherrys Stampin' Room: Using what you have...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Using what you have...

We are still in a DEEP FREEZE here in my part of Arizona...believe that or not! LOL At 7010', in the Apache Sitgreaves National Forest area, you never know what the weather will be like! But, I am L.O.V.I.N.G it! Still have LOTS of snow on the ground, so, it's still a beautiful scene outside. I am surprised alot of the town roads are still snow-packed but, when I try to shovel off the back patio, I see there is a layer of ice under the snow. I took this picture the other night as the sun was going down. LOVE the layers of color!

I have been busy getting things ready for an OWL PUNCH CLASS on 1/7, so, I haven't got anything 'new' to share. But, I thought I would go through my pictures to post something no one has seen yet.
There is a story behind this creation! HA!
This is a card I made for my hubby's birthday in October. I was with him at the trailer, in his work town. I had brought some things to keep myself occupied while he worked 10 hour days. I had limited supplies and tools, but, I used what I had! hehehe
This is an easel card, with MARINA MIST cardstock. The CLOSE TO COCOA *retired* background was scored with my Fiskar cutter/scorer. Random stash ribbon----kinda lots like a bullseye, doesn't it??
The fun thing is that I stamped the sentiment {AFTERTHOUGHTS--Hostess Level 1} and images *retired* onto a cookie box that I ripped apart! hehehe It was 'what I had'... I love the roughy texture of it, and I think it worked into the card well.
Hubby left me a note that morning telling me he thought it was a cool card! *smile*
Hope you are staying warm, wherever you are!
Thanks for your visit! SherryBee in AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your friendly comment! They mean so much to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails