Sherrys Stampin' Room: It is FINISHED!

Monday, August 23, 2010

It is FINISHED!

Since I also LOVE to crochet, you'll see me bragging on myself and showing my thread and yarn projects. I fall asleep if I try to watch TV at night, so, I keep my hands busy and I usually can stay awake....usually, but, not always! I tease hubby and tell him that he should be glad I crochet...it keeps me off the streets while he is gone! HA!
I finally finished this flag afghan and mailed it to a sweet online friend in North Carolina.
Funny how you can develop such deep friendships through the wonderful world of the web!
I met Lynne, in a friendship group about 4(?) years ago. We just kind of hit it off and we developed a great friendship with many L.O.N.G phone calls, emails and cards/letters. I got a late night phone call last April 25th from Lynne. Her 26 year old son was killed in a vehicle accident while he was on duty as a Sherriff's Deputy. He was also recently out of the military. Just a great person and citizen.....
She asked me last summer if I would make her a flag afghan for the back of her couch. The afghan itself was no problem, but, I dreaded doing the stars and put it up 'for awhile'. Finally, night after night, I got the stars done. I just put it in the mail on the 18th of August. It truly was a 'labor of love'.
If you are a prayer warrior, please say a prayer for Lynne....she is still having a rough time dealing with her sons death, as any mother would.

Thanks for your visit! SherryBee in AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your friendly comment! They mean so much to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails