Sherrys Stampin' Room: Home Again, Home Again....Jiggity Jig!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Home Again, Home Again....Jiggity Jig!

Whew! Jennifer and I got home about 3 this afternoon, Sunday! WOWSER!!!


We left Springerville around noon on Monday, for the Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference/Regional Meeting, San Antonio, Texas. We stayed at her relatives BEST WESTERN LEGACY SUITES, in Mesa. Tuesday morning, we left the hotel at 6, and, drove to her parents house, where I left my van, and, her dad took us to the airport. We arrived in San Antonio Tuesday about noon.

What a trip! I think we walked 100 miles the first 2 days, seeing the sites of San Antonio, The Alamo, 3 BEAUTIFUL Catholic churches (where we were RIGHT in front of two of them at noontime, when they rang the bells), downtown walk, an informative bus ride, River Walk Mall, San Antonios WAX MUSEUM, and of course RIVER WALK and the River Walk Boat tour.

.....including a {fun? maybe not} night time walk trying to get back to the motel after supper, pretty much sucks when you take a WRONG turn *JENNIFER!!! LOL*

O M G!!!! We finally caved and took the YELLOW BUS to the hotel...it was getting kinda scary...finally got to the motel, safe and sound, about 9:30.

We paid for all that walking BIG TIME, the next 2 days....I AM an old lady, and felt like it....Jennifer felt like an OLD LADY, too!!! We were shocked when we got up Saturday and could actually stand up straight and WALK almost painfree! ROLFMAO! Advil was a GOOD Friend for several days!

OH.MY.GOSH!!!

We learned A.L.O.T and hit CUTE OVERLOAD by Thursday!!! SO MANY CUTE ideas and samples people showed and shared!!!!

Jennifer got her picture taken with Shellie Gardner, the owner of Stampin’ Up! ---more like I shoved dumbstruck Jennifer next to Shellie for the picture opportunity! ROFL--I was too shy for that, but, I did give kudos to Shellie for the awesome job she has done bringing all these women together with a common bond of giving happiness to others, as well as ourselves, through the ‘magic’ of the great company she created!

We learned about new changes with the catalogs, a new product “Simply Scored Insert” for the Simply Scored Scoring tool, available March 1----YAY!-----now, we can make any size envelope or other project using diagonal scoring, new programs that will be implemented and other business information. We saw great skits, and informational talks: including a salsa dance performed by one of the Home Office personnel and an Idaho demonstrator. We watched MANY on-stage product and project demonstrations. We did lots of fun, new Make n Takes to show everyone at home how to do. We were told about products that are ‘going away’. We met LOTS of people from all over USA and Canada...we didn’t actually meet anyone from Mexico this trip. We saw lots of ‘famous’ people from BLOGLAND. We ate on the River Walk, with ducks, pigeons and sparrows as our dining mates, including one hungry duck that pecked me on the butt! We were WELL fed 3 great lunches *including cheesecake for lunch dessert!!!* We were gifted with tons of freebies---paper, stamps, embellishments AND CHOCOLATE! We got our Leadership Bag AND then, we were gifted with a matching purse portfolio----both made out some NEW, upcoming fabric! We swapped, and saw tons of cute ideas that all the demonstrators were wearing, carrying, swapping or just giving away!

OMG!!! It was an AWESOME experience! I am so proud of myself for keeping up with Jennifer! LOL, even getting up in the mornings when I was supposed to! hehehe We only had about a 10 minute walk to the conference center each morning, and, the weather was great, except for Thursday, when it was foggy for most of the day, so, all in all everything went very well!

We were up and out of the room at 6:15 a.m., and in AZ by 9:45 a.m., Arizona time, where her dad was there to pick us up again.

We also found out that Stampin’ Up! is having it’s first Spring Regional, of 2012, in Phoenix on February 11! WHEW!!!! Here we go again!!! So excited!

I have to share something that happened to me, while I was in San Antonio.....
Some of you know that I sold House of Lloyd/Christmas Around the World for 16 years, until it was ‘killed’ in 2002....that was a hard thing to go through.
I held on to the love of that company/experience all these years, thinking NOTHING could ever replace that for me or come close to the hostess and demonstrator programs.
Well, not that Stampin’ Up! could ever replace my feelings for my time with HOL/CATW, but, I feel like
I FELL IN LOVE with Stampin’ UP! After 5 years of signing up with Stampin’ Up!.....


Stampin’ Up! has made MANY changes that really benefit being a Demonstrator for them, as well as being a Hostess of a Stampin Up! party/workshop.


I believe they REALLY ARE a GREAT Company!
I am finally HAPPY with where I am at!!! What a great feeling!

And, a SPECIAL THANK YOU to Jennifer, for making this trip such a fun, memorable event in my life!

Now, I am offering you the Stampin' Up! opportunity.... If you are at all interested in joining the fun and friendships that Stampin' Up! can provide you with, I encourage you to check out the top link on my page. Read about the opportunity to join and let me know how I can help you open a whole new world to you! Special sign up Promotions will be starting January 25, when Sale-A-Bration starts!

Thanks for your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your friendly comment! They mean so much to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails