Sherrys Stampin' Room: I am back....

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I am back....

Actually, I have been home since June 14th.... I have taken time off to recover from the terrible stress of the Wallow Fire that had us evacuated for a week. I didn't know how much stress something like this puts you under....including the animals...
The Wallow Fire still continues in the southern end of it, I believe it's about 77% contained.
I didn't want to see the devastation, but, I ended up being drawn to it.... Parts of the highway between Eagar and Alpine are fine, some have burned grassy patches, and some have total devastion. Mostly around Hulsey Lake area. I didn't have my binoculars or camera (I don't think I could bare to take pictures) with me, but, I saw enough on the top ridges of the 11,000 foot Escudilla Mountain, and in Alpine, to know how bad it is....heartsickening. The east side of Greer is pretty bad, too. Years of beautiful forest gone....
Today, it is overcast and almost feels humid....now, we have flooding to deal with, when our monsoons (rainy season) comes in. No one really knows what to expect from that!

I am continued to be amazed at the crazy weather situations in all parts of the USA, and around the world. Makes me do some heavy duty thinking....But, this makes me feel better:

What the Caterpillar calls the end of the world,
The Master calls a Butterfly...

Take care, wherever in the world you are...
Thanks for your visit!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back home safely! I've seen video and pictures on the news about the fires. I cannot imagine what the devastation must look like in person. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, so great to see you're back.
    I'm very happy you are safe and sound.
    I do hope nature will find a way to bounce back soon !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your friendly comment! They mean so much to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails