Sherrys Stampin' Room: My junk card!

Monday, April 29, 2013

My junk card!


The other day, I was at the little house, dropping off a few boxes of things I've been working on at home, and, had the urge to CREATE something! I had just bought some aluminum tape at Home Depot and was anxious to try it out for cardmaking.
L.O.V.E. that stuff!!! So easy to work with and what a WOW!
I knew it would look great on a masculine card, so, I started with the black base. As I was cutting the black cardstock with my tabletop cutter, there was a scrap piece of chipboard laying there....a leftover from a hurried project the other day....my mind starting spinning! It was a perfect size for what I was thinking! I used my Big Shot *I ♥ my BIG SHOT* to diecut the 4 and U. BUT FIRST, I taped the aluminum foil to a 2" strip of cardstock, then, I ran it through the Chevron Embossing Folder. I LOVE the way it looks and FEELS!! I ended up dressing the card up a bit with a couple strips of red that was punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. I tucked it up under the tape piece, just so you could see the tiny scallops.
A tiny red bow, and some leftover silver stars and it was done! I suppose this card could be male or female, Valentine or everyday! Now, I will use the leftover pieces from the 4 and U diecuts to make ANOTHER card! LOL
I hope this inspires you to put your 'thinking cap' on to make a "JUNK" card, too!
Thanks for your visit! I hope you become a Follower of my blog!
Order ONLINE 24/7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your friendly comment! They mean so much to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails